Friday, August 7, 2015

Long Read - Salman Khan & Bajrangi Bhaijaan



Somewhat how it all started..

Salman Khan and Kabir Khan reunites again after their success with Ek Tha Tiger and this time with Bhajrangi Bhaijaan. 

Just a quick fact, the film is currently on its 3rd week and already it's making 300crores. I promised myself on twitter that I will not tweet or retweet status that indicates the collection of this film. But this is a blog post so I am allowed some leniency I hope :D

Where do I even start?


Bajrangi Bhaijaan, unlike Ek Tha Tiger is a heartfelt and heartwarming film. It discusses the conflict between India and Pakistan and religion differences without being too direct in your face.

A rather simple plot of an Indian man, Pawan played by Salman, wanting to help Munni, the voiceless Pakistani girl, return to her home in Pakistan after being stranded in India. The beauty of the film lies in how Pawan sincerely wanted to help Munni return to her home even though he has a problem of his own. With his girlfriend's support, played by the gorgeous Kareena Kapoor, Pawan goes all out to help Munni even if it means risking his own life. Together with a helpful reporter, played by Nawaz, who initially wanted to earn a name in the news industry, they went on a mission to reunite Munni with her family and her home. 

It is so heartwarming to see the chemistry between Salman and Harshali during the teaser and trailer that I remember saying I did not mind if Kareena was not in the film to play Salman's love interest. The film would have work fine as well! 


After seeing all the great positive reviews, we finally went to watch this film on a Saturday at 9.50pm! All the love only for Salman :D

Only 5 minutes into the film and I was already crying. Was teased by my brother and sister badly for crying when the film has just started but I did not care. To be emotionally invested so fast with a film must mean something. I cried, smiled, laughed, cried again, laughed, cried again and again and finally was so happy at the end of the film. 

Bajrangi Bhaijaan is honestly a heartfelt film. I guess it was made with so much love that the love multiplied and that is why it became such a success within such short time period. After Ek Tha Tiger and Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Kabir Khan has officially becomes one of my favourite director. I feel like Kabir brings out the best and brought out the actor in Salman. 

The character Salman played in this film is different from his usual Hero persona. In this film, you can't help pitying him and later you just felt like giving him a big hug for being the sincere man that he is. 

Before I watched the film, I was in love with Zindagi Kuch Toh Bata and was so fascinated with nature's beauty captured and showcased during the song to the audience. 


After watching the film, I have fallen in love with Tu Jo Mila.. 


A bonus song for Bajrangi Bhaijaan that was not included as part of the film. Initially I was quite upset that they wasted such a good fun song. But after watching the film, I can now see what Salim Khan saw when he suggested to Kabir not to include this fun song into the film or attach it as a credit ending just like how Mashallah was for Ek Tha Tiger. 


It does not felt right not ending this post with a couple of Salman Khan's pictures so here they are..






No comments:

Post a Comment