Friday, May 1, 2009

Long Read - Classic Black Shoes and A crisp White Shirt

14th May 2009. This shall be a day that I shall remember for the rest of my life. After enduring 3 years of fun and sweat, finally I will be given my Diploma and my transcript.

3 years = 6 academic semester x 6 modules per semester = 36 modules (Approximately)

The 1st semester was somewhat a shock to me. I suffered culture shock to the new environment. On top of that I have forgotten the beauty of memorising notes. I was trying to adopt a new studying method which is to understand and not memorise. But I guess the brain have been programmed to understand while memorising. This is all thanks to the History, Social Studies and Food & Nutrition subject back in secondary School. Back then, we have to train our memory to remember the exact phrase or sentence to enable us to give beautiful answer to exam questions. So fast forward to Year 1 in Ngee Ann. I lose the power to memorise and hence my grades were disappointing. Till this very moment, I regret not pushing myself much. If only I have remembered the memorising techniques, my Overall 3 years GPA would be much better.

Looking at the bright side, the Grades are not really that bad. Besides gaining knowledge and education, I gained a few good friends whom I shall treasure. The lecturers are great and have been of great help to me. I shall always remember what it feels like to be sitting in a lecture theatre taking notes, discussing issues in tutorials, hanging out at the Dolphin Area, enjoying my plate of wanton noodle at Canteen 5 (this canteen has since been changed to a new air-conditioned canteen) etc.

Logically speaking, life is not always a bed of roses. There will surely be some thorns lying amidst the glorious roses. There are moments where I felt frustrated and angry. There will definitely be someone somewhere who cannot get along with you because both have different goals in life. Because of this, the very person whom you know has now become a complete stranger. It is sad when such things happen. But you know you have to be firm when the time comes. Let it all be and you will then find yourself forever completing the tasks and having to share the rewards later on. This might sound complicated to those who have zero understanding of the issue.

Looking forward to 14th May, I need to start looking for a crisp white shirt and a black shoes. Why? I need to look smart on that special day with the Graduation Attire.





I have always had a problem whenever I need new shoes or clothes. I think this is all because I am a size bigger than the average Singapore girls? I don't know.

Whenever I am in love with a shoe that capture my attention, I would only be disappointed by the salesperson. "Sorry, we only have up to size 7". "Sorry that's the biggest size we have". I often have to hear these when I am in a shoe shop. You might be wondering what big feet I have. I am Size 10. With such large feets
(Girls are supposed to have smaller feets I think,preferably size 7) it is a chore finding shoes.

That goes the same for buying new clothes. Be it skirt, pants, blouse. Sometimes I wish I was stick-thin. It will be much easier for me to fit into the clothes. There are shops that cater to my size but I find the price too ridiculous for a piece of clothing.

Maybe I should try tying my feet to make the bones smaller..? Or perhaps I have to lose more weight..?

No comments:

Post a Comment