Sunday, May 25, 2014

Long Read - In the mood for some blogging

It's Sunday. It's 4.25pm. Lunch taken. Parents sleeping. Sister's out. Brother's out.
So what do I do? What do I feel like doing seems like a more appropriate question. Heheh!

Feels like watching a Hindi film but nothing's on TV. I'm sure youtube can help me solve this problem but I'm kind of lazy. So what do I do?

Blogging what else? :D



I'm becoming more of Deepika Padukone's fan nowadays. Have always like her since her Om Shanti Om's debut. I guess I can't resist her dimples..




Back to serious business. What had I wanted to blog about earlier?


I thought hard and decided to write a little bit of how I've been influenced by Bollywood.


See that ear cuff I'm wearing? It's very much inspired from Bollywood. I saw Aishwarya wearing it in Josh and I caught glimpse of it in Yeh Sama Yeh Nazare's song in Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke too.

Try seeing if you can spot it on Aishwarya in this song.



This film is the only Aishwarya-Abhishek jodi that I like. It's such a sweet love story... Sighh..

Another inspiration that I got from Bollywood is the Erich Segal's Love Story. In the film Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Rani Mukherjee's character, Pooja had shared about this book to Hrithk Roshan's character, Raj. In the middle of the film, during a conflicting scenario, when Uday Chopra's Rohan wanted to buy Pooja a Love Story book, Pooja declined saying everyone needs to have only one love story. Ever since then, I've been searching for the book in the library and only recently got to read it.



It's actually a very simple love story with a couple of life lessons thrown in. I can't believe the story was written in 1970! Such a simple story about L.O.V.E.

So there is evidently two things I was inspired from Bollywood. Now who says there's nothing in a Bollywood film?

Undeniably, watching Bollywood and their wedding scenes made me wish to have one of my very own Bollywood-filmy style wedding with the nach gaana, mehndi, sangeet.
Sometimes, I secretly wish to break into a song and dance in the middle of the street with strangers magically knowing our dance steps :D

I admit it's too much, too filmy but hey it's harmless! I'm still very much rooted to the ground and standing on reality ground. Things like this makes life more interesting and fun so why not? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment